Cantine del Castello di Santa Vittoria Cantine del Castello di Santa Vittoria
Cantine del Castello di Santa Vittoria
italiano >
Hisory
Since 1755, Arneis, Nebbiolo and Moscato grapes have been grown in the registered estate of Santa Vittoria Castle.

The first, a very versatile white that originates from a local vine. The second, first mentioned in 1268, traditionally the most important vine of this land. Moscato, already known by the Greeks and the Romans and called by the latter “apianae”, meaning preferred by bees.

In 1755, Antonio Borgese, architect and expert, outlined a list of sites and goods of the Castle of Santa Vittoria, strengthening the centuries past and offering the future a path that we still travel, aware and respectful of this rich land.

Long centuries and great men enliven today the land of Roero: from Stilicone to Carlo Alberto. Various events have changed the course of history several times, yet have left untouched those roots that the Greek and Romans already knew and that today strengthen our bond to this land as to a distinguished ancestor.

Through history, we are bound to this vine with hidden, yet strong roots, that have written over the centuries the history of this land, a land that ancient civilizations already used for vines and wine.

Alarico, Stilicone, Barbarossa, great men who enlivened the Roero land and decided its destiny, without ever changing the vine and wine culture. Three great men for three great wines, Arneis, Nebbiolo, Moscato, listed in 1755 among the goods of the Castle of Santa Vittoria by architect and expert Antonio Borgese from Neive.


Castello di Santa VittoriaCastello di Santa Vittoria
Cantine del Castello di Santa Vittoria
Via dello Spumante, 1
12069 Santa Vittoria d’Alba (Cn) Italy
Tel. +39.0172.479300 | Fax +39.0172.475935
P.Iva IT 01089530057 | Note legali
info@cantinesantavittoria.it
Powered by Blulab
Photos by: Tino Gerbaldo